1.1 Dubicars International FZ-LLC, a company registered in Dubai, with a registered address at office 1309 in Shatha Tower, Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE, owns and operates the website https://www.dubicars.com (“Website”) and https://www.controlauto.net (“Website”), as well as the iOS and Android App DubiCars (“App”).
1.3 Throughout this Policy, the terms “Dubicars”, “ControlAuto” “we", "our", "us" means Dubicars International FZ-LLC and its subsidiaries (including Control Auto as a dealer platform), employees, officers, agents, affiliates or assigned parties.
1.5 If any term of this Policy is or may become for any reason invalid or unenforceable at law, the validity and enforceability of the remainder will not be affected.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
2.1 The type of information we collect from you is either personal to you, or is general in nature:
• Personal Information: When you register on the Website as a customer, update your information, purchase any goods or services, take part in promotions or send emails to us, you provide us with information that we store and process. Such information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, purchase and transaction history, billing information (including credit card information), interests, and other such 'Personal Information'.
• General Information: We also receive more general information from you as a result of your visits to, and use of, the Website. This general information does not identify you personally, and can include information such as your IP address, the date and time you access the Website, length of time you spend on the Website, your browsing history (recorded by the text and graphics files that compose that page), the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website, and other such 'General Information'.
• Social media Information: We collect sign in information such as your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and profile picture.
• Social media posting via Control Auto for dealers: We also receive information from Facebook/Instagram on your profile details, email, name, page details and Instagram/Facebook business account details. If you connect to Instagram or Facebook you allow us to post on your behalf and collect anonymised analytics on shares, video views and impressions for example.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
3.1 Most of this Website can be used without giving us any information. However, certain services and third-party technology may involve collection and usage of information from you, including but not limited to, Google Analytics (a description of their specific data collection and processing practices can be found via the following link: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular to: keep internal records; improve our products, services and the Website; communicate with you if you have ordered, purchased or participated in anything on the Website; contact you for market research purposes; and provide you with information about new opportunities, promotions, special offers and other information that we may feel is relevant to you. If you contact us via the Website, or via email to the contacts set out on the Website, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3.2 We use General Information to help us make the Website more useful to customers (including to help us assess content of interest to visitors), and for other purposes such as determining the Website’s technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas, for tracking activity on the Website, preparing reports, assessing trends, and otherwise monitoring the way in which the Website is being used none of which would be in a way that personally identifies any users.
3.3 For posting to social media or other platforms we use dealer information to post to our website or API connections to other websites. This is for B2B customers only and we use your information to post car listings or information on your behalf, only once you have chosen what to post. We use your information to access your Instagram Business Account or Facebook page in order to post car images and information on your behalf. We also use your information to access analytics data on how your audiences on those platforms are interacting with posts. This data is anonymous but tells us how many views, impressions and shares your posts are getting.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 You consent that we may share your Personal Information in connection with the purposes above with any other Dubicars or ControlAuto affiliated company.
4.2 You consent to us sharing your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
4.3 You further consent that we may also share your Personal Information with third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers. If ControlAuto or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, Personal Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• if required in order to obtain professional advice;
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dubicars or ControlAuto, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection
5. How can I manage or delete information about me?
5.1 We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and delete your data. Learn more in your Facebook settings and Instagram settings [usually under Apps and Websites section].
5.2 We have used Facebook/Instagram protocols so you can easily delete and disengage with Control Auto or Dubicars. You can delete data from Facebook or Instagram by removing the Business Integration “Control Auto” or “Dubi Cars” has. The instructions for doing so are at www.facebook.com/help/405094243235242/?helpref=uf_share
5.3 We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Facebook Products or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. 5.4 Learn more about deletion of content that you have shared and cookie data obtained through social plugins.
5.5 Please try the above methods first for social media deletion as they are the most effective. However, if you still have an issue please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]
5.6 For all other information deletion or removing your details from our email database or Customer Relationship Management systems and anything else covered under your ‘right to be forgotten’, please request from your provider (Apple, Google, etc.) as this is most effective in the first instance, or by emailing us at [email protected] or [email protected]
6.1 Keeping your Personal Information secure and preventing unauthorized access is of utmost priority to us, and we take all steps reasonably necessary to protect your Personal Information against any unauthorised access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Whilst we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure and safeguard your Personal Information, we will not be held responsible for any unauthorised access by third parties and we cannot guarantee that the Personal Information provided by you or that is transmitted via this Website or by e-mail is totally secure and safe.
8. USE OF THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS AND TRACKING PIXELS
8.2 You may disable the cookies from your browser by adjusting your browser settings. However, in this scenario, you may not be able to make full use of all the functions available on this Website. By using this Website, you agree to Third Party Analytics processing of the type of information discussed in the manner contemplated in this Policy. To the maximum extent permissible by applicable law, us, and our respective suppliers, and any of our owners, officers, directors, managers, members, agents, and employees, are not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages or loss (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) arising out of, or in way connected with, the use of the type of information discussed in this section.
9. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
9.1 We allow third party advertising networks to serve advertisements on our behalf.
9.2 Third party advertisers may place cookies on the browsers of visitors to its website(s) and may send its own cookies to the visitors’ cookie file. The cookies will allow these third party advertisers to apply their personalized retargeting technology and to serve personalized banners; third party advertisers may collect and use this data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to laws governing privacy, and data protection).