Do you want to 100% off your traffic fines? What a silly question, everyone wants that. As part of the Year of Tolerance, Dubai Police are offering 100% discounts on accumulated traffic fines.
“In line with the year of tolerance, we have this initiative for the settlement of traffic fines in Dubai through which drivers can get up to a 100% reduction on their total accumulated existing traffic,” explained Major General Abdullah Khalifa Al Merri of Dubai Police.
Of course, you can’t rush over to the Dubai Police website right now and claim your 100% discount right away; you have to abide by the rules and not accumulate any fines for up to 12 months.
Here’s how it works;
- Don’t commit a traffic offence from February 6 for three months; 25% discount on previously accumulated fines.
- Don’t commit a traffic offence from February 6 for six months; 50% discount on previously accumulated fines.
- Don’t commit a traffic offence from February 6 for nine months; 75% discount on previously accumulated fines.
- Don’t commit a traffic offence from February 6 for 12 months; 100% discount on previously accumulated fines.
What the discount covers;
- Impounded vehicles
- Speeding tickets
- Black points
Be warned; if you commit a traffic offence during the time, you will not be eligible for the discount.
What the discount doesn’t cover;
- Parking and Salik fines.
- Vehicles owned by private companies, rental companies and public or private transport companies.
- Residents who have lived outside of the UAE for more than three months from the date of the traffic violation.
- Tram violations
- Bus violations
- Dubai Municipality fines
As of writing, this is a one-year initiative as per the Dubai Police but could be extended if it is a success.
Note: This is only applicable to fines in Dubai, not the entire UAE.